January 10, 2008

Baby's 1st Christmas



In my family our tradition to have our Christmas celebration on Christmas Eve in honor of my grandfather who passed away on Christmas Eve about 15 years ago. My family is a big part of my life, and we are all very involved with each other. My grandmother actually lives with my parents and has her own floor of the house and we are so blessed to have her around.
My sister and her husband, and their three kids were unfortunately forced to move out of their apartment into my parents home due to severe flooding in their apartment, the apartment is unlivable and had to move. In order to try and relieve some stress for my poor parents I cooked enough seasoned potatoes and bacon wrapped chicken to feed an army and somehow found time to make cupcakes for the little ones. We all gathered around and ate till we couldn't walk and then started to enjoy the kids sitting down to open their presents. So with the big group all together we had the kids open their presents first. They had a blast and there was no tears, even when the kids got clothes instead of toys.
Christmas Day it is our tradition to get up early and head to Bill's parents house in Puyallup, it is so much fun. This year was special because we were able to bring Rylee along and have her experience Christmas. I cant wait till next year, she will be so big by then. We started opening presents around 7am and then settled in for the morning nap, luckily Rylee slept then played with grandma while Bill and I took a nap. It started to snow and since our drive is about 50 minutes back home, we had to cut the day early since it was getting much worse it Kirkland. When we got home we let the dogs out and settled in for the cold rest of the day. It was nice to be with our families, then have our own family time at home.

0 comments:

Post a Comment