January 10, 2008

Rylee Fritz


Rylee Fritz was born September 4, 2007, she decided she needed to arrive about 3 weeks early.
We checked into the hospital on Sunday Sept 2nd and upon leaving our house Bill asked if we should grab the baby bags, I told him we would probably be back home in about an hour or so, so for him not to worry about it. I was having a horrible migraine and assumed that I would just be checked out like previous and sent home. I couldn't have been more wrong. Our Dr at the time decided that I needed to be induced because I was showing signs of toxemia. So we waited a night and the next day a second Dr agreed we should go ahead and let Rylee have her day! We had a day to try and persuade her to grace us with her presence, but we ended up in the operating room the following morning.

So... on Tuesday September 4, 2007 at 8:32am we welcomed a 8lb 11oz, 20.5inches long baby girl. She is just the best, she takes long naps, sleeps 10 hours in a row, and has a full head of dark hair! She looks so much like her daddy but has my nose!
We had a bit of trouble after we got home, I had to be readmitted to the hospital with an enlarged heart and about 60lbs of fluid on my body. I had a hard time breathing and got to the point of not being able to even bend my legs due to the swelling. Bill and I went to the ER and I was admitted to the ICU for a couple days in order to stabilize, luckily Rylee was able to be admitted too, a few rooms down but at least I was able to be with her. Rylee was born with jaundice and needed light treatments anyway, so it at least made a horrible situation a little more bearable. Recovery was tough and a long process, and to make the situation a little more interesting, about 3 weeks after that I had a gall bladder attack and ended up in surgery again.

0 comments:

Post a Comment