April 27, 2009

Rylee and her dog...

We have been working a lot on Rylee and our dog Duke. Duke is a good boy, but can tend to be a bit pushy and gets a little possessive with Bill and I. So I have been having Rylee walk Duke around in the house on his leash to get Duke used to the idea that Rylee is calling the shots. They have been doing so well, Rylee throws the ball to him everyday and gives him loves and kisses without him jumping away. Duke comes with us on our walks when Bill is home, I cant handle both by myself yet, Duke is a good boy but can pull sometimes- though his new 'no pull' lead is working SO well.
They are really becoming buds, which is what we have always wanted for them. I am so thankful Rylee has not remembered her dog bite when she was 12 months old and loves dogs. She knows to stay away when they are eating and not to put her hands in their mouth for the most part. Though this weekend Rylee become fascinated by Dukes tongue, since it was warmer Duke was panting a bit and she would try and grab his tongue as it moved, Duke didn't care at all, it was so funny to watch her little face scrunch up trying to figure it out.


Here are some pictures from this weekend when Dukes ball went over the couch, Duke just jumped on the couch and looked over the back, too funny is the view I had. This is the reason I keep my camera close!

0 comments:

Post a Comment